Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated $10-25 million USAID/West Africa Municipal WASH project. The WAM WASH program is a 5 year program which will work in Benin and Cote d’Ivoire to strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to expand, improve, and sustain equitable water and sanitation services through enhanced financial viability, operational reliability and transparency. Working with national and regional institutions, the WAM WASH activity shall support city governments and utilities to professionalize services, fill critical needs, and reach unserved populations.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall activity management of the program, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring adequate communications with USAID, interacting with high-level West African government officials and other counterparts and identifying and mitigating activity risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Meeting program targets and ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
- Establishing and maintaining systems for project operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Producing effective written reports and oral presentations on program.
- Representing Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders,
- Minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in water and sanitation, water engineering, urban sanitation, organizational development, and utility management;
- A demonstrated track record of managerial experience of USAID-funded projects required; USAID contract management highly preferred;
- Advanced degree (Master’s degree or equivalent of Master’s degree) in a related field of study (water and sanitation, water engineering, urban sanitation, organizational development, utility management) preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven experience as COP or leadership in the administration of similar-sized international donor-supported projects with skills in strategic planning, project management, organizational management, supervision of large teams, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability experience working with local government entities, high-level government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries;
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement.
- Experience developing and implementing service agreements and public-private partnerships (PPPs) preferred.
- Experience in West Africa required, experience working in Cote d’Ivoire and/or Benin preferred
- Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and French is required.