The German Institute for Development Evaluation (Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit; DEval) conducts independent evaluations of German development cooperation. It engages in international cooperation with research institutes and other evaluation institutions with the objective to contribute to evidence-based decision-making in the policy-field and to the national and international debates on aid effectiveness.
DEval is seeking an Evaluator (m/f) to work on an evaluation of German support to Climate Change Adaptation (CCA)
- Participation in designing an evaluation on the topic of climate change adaptation
- Participation in conducting the evaluation, especially through conceptual input in the field of climate change adaptation
- Participation in the implementation of the evaluation design and method integration
- Participation in data collection and analysis of primary and secondary data
- Participation in the preparation of the evaluation report
- Presentation of the results through publications and presentations on national and international conferences
- University degree (e. g. Master or Diploma) preferably in the field of economics, political sciences or social sciences
- Expertise in the field of climate change adaptation
- Working experience in the area of climate change (adaptation and mitigation), especially in the field of development cooperation, working experience in developing countries is beneficial
- Expertise in the field of evaluation, quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods and econometrics
- Very good knowledge of German and English, knowledge of another language is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Gender competence and strong social and cross-cultural competences
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate (“Tropentauglichkeit”)
What we offer:
- A responsible and interesting position in an international and team-oriented working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employment according to German public service tariff (TVöD EG 13) if the chosen candidate’s personal status and job description meet the requirements
- A fixed-term work contract for two years
- Attractive social benefits such as company pension scheme and subsidized job ticket
The position is suitable for part-time in principle. The DEval guarantees equal opportunities for women and men, therefor women are particularly encouraged to apply. In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
You are interested in this position? Then please apply online via INTERAMT (www.interamt.de) with the Job-ID 424155/reference number 2017_II_39.
Closing date for applications is the March 11, 2018.
If you have any questions regarding your application please contact Johanna Behrendt on +49-0228-336907-929.