GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides technical and research support for the conversion and creation of spatial applications, tools, and scripts in support of the Geographic Information System (GIS). Participates in all aspects of GIS application development and maintenance, including requirement elicitation, analysis, design, programming, testing, deployment, documentation, training, and user support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK:
- Responsible for design, configuration and/or customization and support of GIS enterprise web and desktop applications.
- Develop applications/script tools to automate spatial analyses, map layouts, views, reports, and others.
- Inputs both graphic and textual data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, and other means for the preparation of maps or drawings.
- Prepares a variety of drawings or maps utilizing CAD, GIS, GPS, and remote sensing, and other Software.
- Follow established SOPs and quality control standards for GIS programming.
- Collaborate with end-users to determine functional specifications and ensure accurate, usable, and reliable GIS application.
- Monitor applications for acceptable performance, usability, and assist in scaling capacity to meet the demands.
- Organize, maintain, and archive GIS applications with associated data, maps, and files.
- Assists GIS data maintenance by gathering, converting, performing quality control, including reviewing data for completeness, accuracy, and currency; identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data using documented QA/QC procedures, and coordinating GIS data available from internal and external sources data with associated details and metadata for inclusion in the River Authority’s centralized GIS database and Enterprise GIS applications.
- Document GIS configurations and write easy to maintain code with associated comments.
- Assists other divisions and departments when requested.
- Provides support for hydrology, hydraulic, and water quality model development and associated data processing.
- Provides technical and administrative support to assigned project manager.
- Assists the public with data, mapping, and other GIS requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: An Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, or a relevant discipline and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience using GIS applications; or a combination of experience and education that results in the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is required.
- Must demonstrate experience developing GIS applications using ESRI software;
- Backend: must be able to connect to server side services / JSON;
- Must have good knowledge in Web Services development;
- Must be proficient in SQL Server;
- Must be proficient in ArcObjects and SOE (Server Object Extensions) development;
- ESRI: Experience with ArGIS Server and ArcGIS Desktop is a MUST;
- Proficiency in the current Microsoft Office package is required;
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Please apply at www.sara-tx.or.