This position is based in Rhino camp/Imvepi/Omugo and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC WASH (Water Trucking) Program. The job will require frequent travel within the project Area including constant support to neighboring camps.
Position and Reporting Line:
The Water Trucking Officer is responsible and reports to the Water Trucking Coordinator – Imvepi.
The post refers to a trained DRC staff with vast knowledge of the contextual area of operations and responsible for the day to day operations in the beneficiary communities as outlined by the Water Trucking Coordinator. The post holder is directly responsible for all Water Trucking aspects in Rhino camp/Imvepi/Omugo.
- Supervise all Water Trucking Assistants attached to water trucking operations based in Rhino camp/Imvepi and Omugo.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Work with the District Water Department and clusters at community levels in identifying, mobilizing and sensitizing target communities to ensure accountability in water trucking.
- Initiate, supervise and constantly update the Water Trucking distribution plan. Ensure compliance of the water distribution plan by the suppliers.
- Lead the water trucking team in the midterm and annual surveys to understand the challenges in water trucking and contribute to development of sustainable systems to overcome the challenges.
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to water trucking.
- Represent DRC at WASH Cluster meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings with the donor and external partners on all aspects related to water trucking.
- Ensure integration of WASH (water trucking) activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH (water trucking) counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH (water trucking) Sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in a regular sector meeting.
- Together with the Water Trucking coordinator, initiate development of project concepts and proposal documents in respect to Water Trucking.
- Develop the project’s M&E tools for monitoring the technical aspects on Water Trucking.
Project implementation and reporting:
- Ensure proper management of WASH (Water Trucking) project grants through budget control using agreed budget tracker (s).
- Ensure effective implementation of the WASH (Water Trucking) Projects in line with the UN and the Uganda National Standards and Policies.
- Monitor and Evaluate the WASH (Water Trucking) Projects.
- Provide technical support to Water Trucking Assistants to ensure they execute their duties effectively.
- Ensure quality control of implementation of Water Trucking activities in accordance to Sphere, UNHCR and the Uganda National standards.
- Prepare Water Trucking daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities.
- Execute other duties as signed by the supervisor,
- Supervise the Water trucking Assistants.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Water Trucking staff members and community based staff in Rhino camp/Imvepi/Omugo operational areas as needed.
- Assist in the development of staff performance objectives, targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits to support field staffs – mentoring – through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Support the Water Trucking Coordinator to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups on a daily/weekly/ annual basis.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different clusters within the Project Implementation Area.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure the delivery of supplies to the right beneficiaries following our SOPs.
- Contribute to grants management of all WASH (Water Trucking) projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
How to Apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to [email protected]by 4th March 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.