Main Purpose of the Role
The position is responsible for the financial support on the implementation of European UnionClimate Proofed Infrastructure Programme (EU-CPIRA) financed by the European Union, National Government and Selected County Governments. The main roles includes financial planning and budgeting, financial reporting, cash management, programme cost control and financial review and coordination with the programme staff ensuring accurate and proper utilisation of programme funds, accountability, adherence to programme timelines and compliance policies, donor conditions, County Governments and the National Treasury.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular monitoring progress of project activities against budget and ensuring that performance is achieved.
- Managing, and developing as needed, systems to ensure program compliance with the Donor Agreement rules and regula
- Participating in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and ensuring that the reports are accurate, timely, in the correct format and aligned to accomplished programme activities
- Assist in the preparation cash flows projections for programmes and operations
- Ensure that all accounting transactions comply with set financial systems and controls
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register in the ERP system
- Development and maintenance of budget modules for the various programmes
- Prepare and continually review aged (debtor/creditor) analysis report and advise management accordingly Financial assessment review of the feasibility of project proposals
- Periodic compilation of tax reports/statutory returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities and consult with tax advisors where necessary
- Support the routine and ad-hoc auditing by participating in and preparing required documentation by the auditors and following up of prior period findings.
- Assist in the development, improvement and maintenance of internal controls and effective accounting systems and policies for WSTF Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost management initiatives;
- Liaise with project managers in preparing and implementing annual project plans and budgets
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including banks, suppliers, and project staff
- Develop and maintain a chart of accounts for new programmes
- Participate in capacity building of implementing agents and projects in financial management and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with contracts and polices in the disbursement of funds to projects.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Possession of relevant accountancy qualification – CPA finalist/ACCA, etc.
- A member of ICPAK or any other related / relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ experience in financial management of large international projects including experience in management of EU Programmes, three (3) years of which should be in financial reporting and budgets.
- Experience in financial reporting in a computerised environment adhering to IFRS and IPSAS;
- Experience in implementation of EU funded programmes is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work accurately and effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Self-driven and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Familiarity with compliance on Government of Kenya reporting and budgeting
- Demonstrate experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets
- Proficient in relevant computer applications and databases with mastery of Excel and spreadsheets. Competency in ERP accounting software is preferred
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills is a required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and with demonstrated skills in local capacity development and leading diverse teams in foreign settings
- Ability and willingness to travel within Kenya as required
The successful candidate for the above position will be engaged for a period of three (3) years on contract terms with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and donor funding.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 and should submit their applications by email or post with the job title clearly marked on the envelope and the Subject line (for email applications) to the address below.
The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best-suited candidate, detailed CV, copies of your academic and professional certificates (not transcripts or merit certificates), copy of National ID and copies of professional membership(s) certificates. The application should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, the position of your immediate supervisor, current and expected gross salary plus names and contacts of three (3) professional referees, to:
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1 st Floor, CIC Plaza, Mara Road, Upper Hill, PO Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.
Email: [email protected]
To be received not later than close of business Friday 9th March 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, women, youth and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply