Main Purpose of the Role
The position is responsible for coordinating corporate planning, performance management, organisational development and systems strengthening, and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development and implementation of corporate strategic plans
- Coordinate the development of annual institutional and departmental work plans
- Coordinate the development of annual institutional performance contract as per GOK guidelines
- Monitor the institutional and departmental performance to ensure the achievement of set indicators
- Development of institutional performance management system and tools
- Formulation, development, and implementation of strategies and policies that will enable the Fund to achieve its m
- Participate in preparing quarterly, half year and annual progress reports for sharing with development partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in development, review and implementation of investments programme data base
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of research policy and strategies.
- Implementing management controls and reporting procedures to ensure that the management team has up to date situational awareness of all core issues and operating data pertinent to sound decision making
- Coordination of institutional research activities liaising with key stakeholders and partners research institutions
- Documentation of research activities and knowledge sharing for operationalization of research results.
- Coordinate implementation of the Fund’s innovation challenge (WICA), idea incubation, mentorship and upscaling of research and innovation.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Finance, and Accounting, Business or any other related discipline
- Masters’ Degree in Economics or any other related discipline
- Minimum 5 years previous work experience required in a high paced environment in a Planning, Monitoring or Research Environment
- Membership to a professional body is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge on Planning and Research and performance management.
- Analytical skills and IT proficiency.
- Ability to organise and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good Presentation and Facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the national and international business environments and corporate management structures.
- Demonstrate ability to analyse and synthesise data from a wide variety of sources, and present the resulting information in a clear summary.
- Be proactive in anticipating and seeking out information related to the immediate priorities of the WSTF.
The successful candidate for the above position will be engaged for a period of three (3) years on contract terms with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and donor funding.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 and should submit their applications by email or post with the job title clearly marked on the envelope and the Subject line (for email applications) to the address below.
The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best-suited candidate, detailed CV, copies of your academic and professional certificates (not transcripts or merit certificates), copy of National ID and copies of professional membership(s) certificates. The application should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, the position of your immediate supervisor, current and expected gross salary plus names and contacts of three (3) professional referees, to:
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1 st Floor, CIC Plaza, Mara Road, Upper Hill, PO Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.
Email: [email protected] To be received not later than close of business Friday 9th March 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, women, youth and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply