Main Purpose of the Role
The position is responsible for the implementation of European Union-Climate Proofed Infrastructure Programme (EU-CPIRA) financed by the European Union, National Government and Selected County Governments. The main roles includes planning, design, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the programme in order to meet the results/impacts, objectives, outcomes and outputs while ensuring effective county engagement, proper funds utilisation, accurate accountability, timely completion and realisation of value for money.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the implementation of the Rural climate proofed projects according to EU-Action and WSTF strategic objectives.
- Participate in development of Departmental work plans, budgets, strategies and reports.
- Prepare the programme budgets, work plans, strategies and reports to management, the Board and Development partners.
- Execute the programme activities based on European Development Fund and WSTF procedures.
- Assist in supervision, training, performance management and development of assigned programme staff including management of consultants.
- Mentors and strengthen the team members on relevant programme and project management skills, technical support in the area of Infrastructural design, Climate Change, Green Growth and Environmental Sustainability.
- Implement County engagement strategy to enable County commitment to the Programme.
- Work with counties to identify, appraise and finance implementation of various water supply, sanitation and water resource projects in the defined Rural areas.
- Provide technical support to counties based on the Programme objectives.
- Manage documents, contracts and disbursement of funds to projects under the assigned programme.
- Coordinates and facilitate various assessments, studies, surveys, evaluations, missions and audits relevant to the programme.
- Participate in resource mobilisation activities by preparing concepts and proposals in line with WSTF’s resource mobilisation strategy.
- Utilise Project Management Information Systems and Standardised Manuals relevant to the programme.
Qualification and Experience
- A Degree in Civil Engineering/Building and Construction/Water Engineering/Environmental Engineering
- Masters in related field
- Registered member of a professional body-Engineers Registration Board/Institute of Engineers of Kenya
- Minimum Level of Experience: 8 years of experience with at least 3 in a supervisory role
- Experience in implementation of EU funded water programmes is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Programme Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Decision making and Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical and Computer skills.
- WASH infrastructure design and implementation
The successful candidate for the above position will be engaged for a period of three (3) years on contract terms with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and donor funding.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 and should submit their applications by email or post with the job title clearly marked on the envelope and the Subject line (for email applications) to the address below.
The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best-suited candidate, detailed CV, copies of your academic and professional certificates (not transcripts or merit certificates), copy of National ID and copies of professional membership(s) certificates. The application should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, the position of your immediate supervisor, current and expected gross salary plus names and contacts of three (3) professional referees, to:
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1 st Floor, CIC Plaza, Mara Road, Upper Hill, PO Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.
Email: [email protected] To be received not later than close of business Friday 9th March 2018. Note:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, women, youth and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.