Main Purpose of the Role
This position is responsible for assisting in facilitating design and implementation of the European Union Climate Proofed Infrastructure Programme (EU CPIRA) activities and projects while ensuring accurate accountability, timely completion and realisation of value for money.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in development of departmental and programme designs, work plan and budgets.
- Provide project management expertise in the area of Water, Sanitation and Water Resources Management critical to delivery of the Programme objectives.
- Undertake project proposal appraisal and preparation of financing contracts. Prepare disbursements of funds to projects and activities.
- Monitor the implementation of all projects in liaison with all stakeholders especially at County level to ensure compliance to technical, social, cultural and financial standards.
- Review of project reports, follow-up on issues, providing responses to requests and queries.
- Contacting, building capacities and sensitise County and other stakeholders.
- Prepare activity budgets, work plans, strategies and reports to management and partners.
- Maintain programme database and Implement the Project Management Information System (PMIS) of the Fund.
- Management and mentorship of assigned staff and consultants.
- Participate in preparation of programme proposals that are in line with/support the Fund’s resource mobilisation strategy.
- Prepare and facilitate missions, field visits, assessments, evaluations, audits, surveys, workshops and meetings.
- Mainstreaming of approaches such as Environmental Impact Assessments, Integrated Water Resources Management, Climate Change, Gender and Social Inclusion.
- Perform any other duties as be assigned by the Manager from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Water Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field.
- Member of relevant professional body
- At least 5 years’ work experience
- Experience with Environmental Assessments and audits is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Project Management skills
- Decision making and Negotiation skills
- Networking and Communication skills
- Integrated Water Resources Management Analytical and Computer skills.
The successful candidate for the above position will be engaged for a period of three (3) years on contract terms with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and donor funding.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 and should submit their applications by email or post with the job title clearly marked on the envelope and the Subject line (for email applications) to the address below.
The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best-suited candidate, detailed CV, copies of your academic and professional certificates (not transcripts or merit certificates), copy of National ID and copies of professional membership(s) certificates. The application should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, the position of your immediate supervisor, current and expected gross salary plus names and contacts of three (3) professional referees, to:
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1 st Floor, CIC Plaza, Mara Road, Upper Hill, PO Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.
Email: [email protected]
To be received not later than close of business Friday 9th March 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, women, youth and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.