Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applicants should go to the ‘Jobs’ link at www.winrock.org and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing ‘Senegal DCOP.’ This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
UNIT: Forestry & Natural Resource Management
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
Winrock is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated fishery, biodiversity and food security project in Senegal. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Provide overall administrative oversight to achieve project results;
Manage financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget management;
Provide supervision, support, and direction to project- technical and administrative staff, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to ensure effective project implementation across deliverables;
Administer the project’s financial oversight procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and donor regulations;
Identify and mitigate project risk;
Interact directly and on a regular basis with the donor and other stakeholders;
Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals;
Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office;
Manage relationships with complementary donor projects;
Represent Winrock at external meetings and events as required and keep Winrock home office informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Advanced degree required in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agronomy, Environmental Policy, Earth Sciences, Governance, or relevant fields of study related to the project. PhD in relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in similar position in fields related to results and objectives of the project required for the successful implementation of this project, natural resource management, agroforestry, agriculture, climate change, community development, and governance, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical understanding of fisheries, agriculture, and climate change issues, as well as managerial experience in Senegal is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor policies and procedures as related to project management preferred.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Senegal strongly preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate projects with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English and French is required.