The project development objective is to improve water resource and fisheries management in selected areas of the Lower Mekong Basin. The project development objective is to establish key examples of integrated water resources management practices in the lower Mekong Basin at the regional, national and subnational levels, thus contributing to more sustainable river basin management in the lower Mekong.
The specific component (2) – National Water Resources Management aim to improve institutional capacity for IWRM in the Lao PDR, including strengthening hydro-meteorological systems, water quality monitoring, and water resource modeling. The component also contributes to helping the Lao PDR reduce disaster risk and respond to climate change by improving hydro-meteorological services, as well its flood and drought management capacity.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
MSc/PhD in water resources engineering/management or relevant field
Professional experience required
- 20 years international experience, incl. developing countries
- Water supply engineering, incl. Irrigation and hydropower
- Water resources development / flood and drought modelling
- GIS based river basin simulation modeling
- Team Leader and management large WRM projects
- Experience from Laos/South East Asia
- Local language is an asset
Project approx.36 months (anticipated 24 MM)
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.