AIIB is scaling up its support for water sector programs in client countries and is working to recruit experienced and talented water specialists with strong skills in the water sector, i.e. water sewage and sanitation (WSS) and water resource management (WRM).
The Investment Operation Specialist-Water/Senior Investment Operation Specialist-Water will be responsible for contributing toward AIIB’s overall lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation and implementation of projects/programs that will help meet the rapid growth demands of the sector and will help increase capacity and efficiency related to WSS and WRM in client countries. The Specialist(s) – Water will also be responsible for understanding and responding to water sector challenges facing Asia, including demands for more efficient water supply, sewage and sanitation management, both in urban and rural environments.
- Lead and/or contribute to water sector planning and analysis of specific countries. Identify, conceptualize and prepare projects in order to (i) advise clients on feasibility studies, technical design and cost-effective analysis leading to investment prioritization; (ii) undertake technical and economic analysis of project investments and programs; (iii) review and assess the implementation capacity of project counterparts and support institutions/agencies and (iv) design practical implementation plans focused on getting results.
- Supervise projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of work experience (minimum 8 – 10 years for Senior Investment Operation Specialist) in the water sector and undertaking economic feasibility studies for water sector investment and management/analysis.
- Of the above 5-10 years, a minimum of a 3- to 7-year proven track record of implementation of successful business operations in middle-income and/or developed countries and introduction of state-of-the-art technology/expertise to countries in Asia.
- Extensive experience working with infrastructure operations or infrastructure project managers. Experience in contract management and administration, planning and programming of capital and maintenance work and institutional reforms would be favorably considered.
- Work experience in developing countries would be an asset.
- Familiarity with various modalities of WSS/WRM scheme management and development in general, and in-depth knowledge of either WSS or WRM.
- Strong organizational and project management skills associated with day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from a reputable university in a relevant field including economics and WSS/WRM engineering.
Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.