Watercare Services Limited is the largest water and wastewater utility in New Zealand, providing integrated services to around 1.3 million people. With our vision “Trusted by our communities for exceptional performance every day”, Watercare is undergoing an exciting transformation to bcome a strategic, customer focused organisation in order to meet the challenge of rapid growth in Auckland.
Watercare’s Service Delivery Unit is looking for a permanent, full-time Field Hydrologist to join their Water Resources Team based at our head office in Newmarket.
About the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping ensure the reliable supply of clean, safe water to Auckland through the operation and maintenance of the Water Supply Hydrometric Network. Key tasks include:
- Co-ordinating the effective collection and archiving of hydrological data
- Maintaining effective communication and supporting the operational management of the Water Supply system
- Management of Watercare’s hydrological databases and providing data analysis and reporting
- Maintaining and operating physical hydrometric assets.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for Auckland’s environment and waterways
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (a qualification in engineering/environmental science is desirable)
- Experience in environmental field data collection, data analysis and report preparation is desirable
- A current NZ driver’s license with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Computer literacy, with competency in the Microsoft Office suite.
This is a role that is likely to suit a recent masters graduate, however we welcome applications from anyone who meets the above criteria.
In return, we offer:
In working for Watercare, you will be joining a diverse, professional team where continual training and development is available. As the successful candidate, you will be part of an organisation with a commitment to its staff and a commitment to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
Watercare offers a competitive salary and a staff benefits package including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Life and income protection insurance plans
- Discounted banking package with ANZ
- Generous parental leave
- Employee discounts at a range of large retailers
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with lots of potential for development then apply now through our careers website www.careers.watercare.co.nz.