GNS Science is New Zealand’s premier provider of geoscience research and consultancy and incorporates the Department of Hydrogeology.
The Hydrogeology Department of GNS Science is well recognised in groundwater research and consultancy in New Zealand. The Department conducts hydrogeological investigations at the local, catchment, regional, and national scales, and draws upon in-house multidisciplinary expertise in geology, water quality, numerical modelling, water dating and isotope hydrology. GNS Science prides itself on its diversity and encourages self-development, creativity and open debate within a team atmosphere.
GNS Science seeks to appoint a Hydrogeologist at the junior or intermediate professional level. The appointment will be based at the Wairakei Research Centre. Outstanding applicants who have the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- A minimum qualification of a BSc in geology, groundwater hydrology, groundwater modelling or a closely related engineering or scientific field. A D. or M.Sc. in the above fields, or equivalent professional experience, would be an advantage.
- Experience in aquifer testing, geologic and hydrogeologic field work and proven ability to operate hydrogeologic field equipment.
- Ability to apply geology and hydrogeologic concepts to groundwater research and commercial consultancy problems, in particular in relation to water quality.
- Experience with local, catchment and regional flow system characterisation for resource assessments, groundwater-surface water interactions, aquifer characterisation and testing, water supply, and/or water quality assessment.
- Quality scientific publication record and high level of commitment and motivation to performing quality scientific work would be an advantage.
- Experience in personnel and project management, or interest in and potential to take on such responsibilities would be an advantage.
- Experience in marketing and business development with respect to hydrogeology, or interest in and potential to take on such responsibilities would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to make oral and written scientific reports in English.
To apply for the position, please visit https://careers.sciencenewzealand.org/gns-science/gns-science-jobs and follow the online process.
Closing date: Sunday, 25 February 2018.