Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and highly motivated Project Officer to join our team at EIT Climate-KIC. The Project Officer will be a part of the operations team and will focus primarily on supporting the UK and Ireland projects, however will be expected to support other portfolios where required. The Project Officer will empower EIT Climate-KIC teams in the delivery of activities by providing excellent project support to the programme managers. The Project Officer will also work with EIT Climate-KIC teams in the delivery of activities by providing excellent project support to the programme managers.
The ability to work effectively in a complex adaptive system is essential for this role. You will need to bring an agile, emotionally intelligent approach to team work and have a positive can-do attitude. The characteristics of EIT Climate-KIC as a network and as a partnership necessitate fostering a culture of open feedback, empowerment and distributed leadership in a context of significant diversity. With the team, you will be responsible for developing and supporting collaboration across geographic boundaries, industry boundaries, thematic and disciplinary boundaries, and across organisational structures and cultural differences.
- Manage, monitor, report and drive forward project processes, in coordination with the programme partner organisations and project leads across Europe.
- Develop and champion new ways of working or new processes with the operations team
- Ensure effective grant management and tracking through close collaboration with grants team
- Ensure project deliverables and reporting are on time and meets quality requirements
- Create or coordinate processes and management tools for assessing, planning and reporting of projects.
- Stores & manages project and programme data and ensures they are ready for use by KIC teams.
- Support the call for proposals and review processes
- Coordinate with the programme manager(s) on the development and implementation of marketing and communications activities
- Effectively manage agencies and or other externals both administratively – ensuring proper process and approvals, and support the programme manager and other decision makers to ensure the quality of outcomes.
- Coordinate and organise workshops and other related events, to address priority areas and stakeholder needs
- Other responsibilities depending on skills, interest and percentage of employment
- Disseminate and publish content related to the portfolio of activities across Climate-KIC and partner channels, and engage stakeholders and relevant organisations around key pieces of work.
- Contributing to the preparation of annual grant applications and reporting
Main Working Relationships
The Project Officer:
- Reports to the Operations Manager and is a part of the central team
- Works closely with the UK & Ireland Innovation team (and other teams where required)
- Works closely with local finance leads (in particular UK&I)
- Provides support to other pan-European EIT Climate-KIC teams and develops strong relationships and links with other Project Officers
- Works across operational central functions, including grant management, IT, and finance
Profile and experience
- Relevant academic degree or qualification
- A project management qualification is desirable
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in project and general management
- Interest in working in a major European innovation programme and committed to help the programme grow and generate real impact.
- Background in grant administration and contract management
- Working in a highly dynamic, pan-European environment
- Interest and/or prior experience in climate change and innovation
- Project and grant management
- Ability to quickly and systematically collect and analyse information and knowledge from others
- Capable of managing, storing, organising data & knowledge and making it available to others using a variety of IT tools
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of management- both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Working knowledge of salesforce or similar data management system
- Fluency in more than one European language
- Strong collaborative approach to working
- Committed and passionate about the mission of Climate-KIC
- Service oriented attitude
- Proactive and resilient
Terms of employment
This is a fixed-term (1 year) position –with annual renewable contract but terms and conditions may vary depending on the successful applicant’s current contract. Starting date will be negotiated with current and future line managers but will be no later 30.03.2018. The position may include travel within Europe.