Country: BANGLADESH – Cox’s Bazar – You’ll spend more than 50% of your time in the field as the position requires frequent travel to the difference location of the bases.
Length of contract: 6 months starting as soon as possible
The position: Under the supervision of Field Operational Director, you will contribute to the development of ACF’s strategy by proposing a sector-based strategy in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Shelter in conformity with Action Against Hunger and International standards and national policies.
More precisely, the main responsibilities are:
Provide technical expertise, guarantee the quality and the good implementation of the WASH and shelter activities in Cox’s Bazar Bangladesh
- Ensure and monitor all WaSH and shelter activities timely and develop tools needed to implement activities
- Provide recommendations and advice for the successful conduct of WaSH and shelter activities in Cox’s Bazar
- Define and inform SMART indicators of objectives, results and monitoring of activities for WASH and shelter projects.
- Ensure the capitalization of WASH and shelter experiences in Cox’s Bazar
- Ensures respect and implementation of technical standards within projects
- Manage the internal and external evaluations of the WASH projects and Shelter projects
Participate in the development of ACF strategy for the WASH and Shelter component
- Ensure a monitoring and analysis of the situation related to WASH and shelter in order to anticipate the needs and to integrate technological innovations to improve the efficiency of the responses
- Development of a short, medium and long-term strategy
- Define Monitoring Indicators (SMART) for ACF Strategy Follow-up
Representing ACF with WASH and Shelter actors and partners in Cox’s Bazar
- Represent ACF with all those who deal with issues related to WASH: international and national institutions in Cox’s Bazar
- Represent ACF’s technical expertise with donors and partners in Cox’s Bazar
Train teams on WASH and shelter and build long-term capacity
- Identify and validate a panel of technical training for teams and organize and manage internal training
- Participate in the process of selecting technical HR (Tests, interviews, briefings / debriefings)
- Install Sustainable WASH and shelter Skills in Cox’s Bazar
Context : ACF Bangladesh mission has expanded by over 100% over the last few months to respond the the Rohingya crisis and is expected to continue to expand further in 2018. ACF has expanded the field of working and expertise into WASH from 2009 in where shelter and Site Management is the new wings that stated in the last year due to the influx of Rohingyas. But also on national and other districts very interesting and challeging projects are on-going or will start shortly. The team is enthusiastic but has known quiet some turn-over due to the increased number of actors on the ground.
Current team has 70 staffs, with further expansion proposed for 2018. There are a high number of projects/programs running which has activities that cover WaSH, Shelter and Site Management. Cox’s Bazar is less stable, so humanitarian access can be limited, especially for expats.
The applicant: You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training. You have a solid experience of 3 years minimum in WASH with shelter programming and coordination in humanitarian contexts.
You demonstrate good report writing, good networking with difference cluster, sector and stakeholders and team management skills. You have proven capacity building and training skills. You have significant experience in conducting technical assessment and project evaluation. An experience into social water management, participatory methods and mobilisation in tensed community context is highly desirable.
You speak and write English fluently
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/3244/A-WASH-Emergency-Coordinator/