Country: MYANMAR – Yangon
Length of contract: 6 months starting from the 15th March
The position: Under the supervision of Deputy Program Director, you will have to coordinate and technically supervise ACF’s Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and DRR programs in Myanmar, by ensuring the quality of implementation, as well as lead on WASH and DRR context analysis, strategy development, relationship-building and fund-raising to expand ACF’s WASH/DRR portfolio.
More precisely, the main responsibilities are:
Design ACF technical country strategy for the WASH Department and contribute to ACF technical expertise
– Analyse continuously the WASH and DRR context in Myanmar (needs, emergencies, actors, funding opportunities, etc…)
– Design the strategy, in accordance with overall programs strategy in conjunction with your analysis of the humanitarian context, donor funding landscape and in collaboration with Deputy Country Director-Programs, Program Managers and Field Coordinators
– Promote the technical innovation if needed, in consultation with the WASH Technical Advisor based at the HQ
Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectorial coordination and technical forums, and develop sectorial partnerships
– Represent ACF in dealings with national and international WASH and DRR authorities/stakeholders; participate to coordination meetings, working group and clusters informing on ACF positions and protocols.
– Develop a network among other INGOs, national NGOs, universities, private company, research institutes and relevant key stakeholders linked to WASH activities.
– Publish and produce information concerning technical progress, impact of programs, results of research internally or externally
– Support the teams in the identification of technical difficulties, troubleshooting and recommend credible and relevant solutions
– Ensure that technical monitoring tools are developed and used, including close follow-up of program indicators
– Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets that are relevant to the proposed geographic and sociocultural context
– Take part in recruitment, training, orientation of WASH and DRR Program Managers, and be their functional manager
– Develop WASH and DRR competencies throughout the mission
– Identify various technical training needs of the team and ensure adequate and timely provision of identified trainings
Context : The ACF Myanmar mission is undergoing programmatic and organizational changes in 2018, following a significant shift in the context of Rakhine State. As the crisis in Rakhine evolves, so is our mission and the new focus for our WASH Head of Department (HoD) reflects our organization’s adaptation.
The mission is restructuring to address new needs and availability of resources. It also has planned on various scenarios for 2018 which will mean the WASH HoD will be expected to help adapt the mission to new projects, areas, manage change within his/her team while maintaining a positive team spirit in the program team. The Myanmar mission will be managing a portfolio of approximately EUR 5 million in 2017, spread across 12-14 separate donor contracts.
Myanmar offers an extremely interesting contextual working environment, as it changes politically, develops economically and deals with peace within its borders while positing itself on the international stage. These are exciting times to be part of the country’s transition and support its people through one of ACF’s largest and longest-running programs in the world.
In general, there are regular but mostly manageable operational setbacks due to safety and security issues. However as of August 2017 the security within Rakhine State, especially that of Norther Rakhine State has become increasingly tenuous. During field visits, ACF staff will be expected to follow strict security guidelines and work within a context that is highly charged. Otherwise in Yangon, the situation is calm and the living conditions comparable to most major world cities.
The applicant: You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience of 5 years minimum in WASH and DRR activities and coordination in humanitarian contexts.
You demonstrate good proposal writing, networking and fundraising skills. You have proven capacity building and training skills. You have an excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, team player and communication skills.
A proven experience on designing and managing disaster risk reduction program and experience working on integrated programs with WASH and Care Practices, and/or WASH and Nutrition or Health is highly desirable
You speak and write English fluently
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website:
Join us on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/