Our Environmental Restoration team sits within our Environmental and Project Services (EPS) group and manages a wide range of projects involving contaminated land and groundwater. They work directly with a number of high profile industrial and developer clients on investigation and remediation work, and also support major projects lead by our infrastructure and buildings teams in the areas of dewatering and contaminant hydrogeology. We are currently looking for a Principal Hydrogeologist to work in our Melbourne office.
Your role will include:
- Providing hydrogeology services to internal projects, and developing independent work with external clients;
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications;
- Managing the production of analysis and design, including drawings and reports, relating to projects;
- Managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc) of projects to ensure a successful result;
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Liaising with the Project Manager or Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project; and
- Maintaining an understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Relevant degree with post-graduate qualifications an advantage, also be a registered or accredited professional;
- 10 + years relevant post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of projects, applying standards and managing resources;
- Proven experience in all aspects of operational management;
- Experience in leadership in commercial aspects of projects, including multi-disciplinary schemes;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating, and delegation skills; and
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- 2016 National Safety Awards of Excellence – Finalist – ‘Best Health & Wellbeing Program‘
Primary Location: Australia-Melbourne