This position is currently contingent on funding and anticipated to begin in March 2018.
The Program Officer conducts research, develops materials, and supports the implementation of ISC’s U.S. programs and projects, which help cities and urban regions across the U.S. develop and implement high-caliber climate mitigation and adaptation strategies, through a mix of peer-learning services, knowledge products, and technical and strategic assistance to selected communities.
ISC seeks a candidate with experience in one or both of the following program areas:
- Clean Energy – ISC has a growing clean energy program portfolio. We are working to help cities and metro regions around the country to accelerate their transition to renewable energy, to expand the use of models, like community solar, that provide more equitable access to clean energy. ISC is also supporting several place-based projects that are exploring the potential to use energy storage to achieve both clean energy and community resilience goals.
- Urban Resilience – ISC’s Urban Resilience programs, which helps cities and urban regions across the US develop and implement high-caliber climate adaptation and mitigation strategies. Through these programs ISC is engaged in five regions across the U.S., supporting regional collaboration and capacity building. ISC is a national thought leader and innovator in regional climate solutions and work includes research, documentation of best practices, and supporting the transfer of knowledge through peer learning and other workshops.
- Participate as a member of a program team in the development, implementation and support of ISC programs
- Serve as point-of-contact with multiple partners, ensuring that ISC is tracking the progress of partners, capturing best practices and lessons learned, helping disseminate those practices and lessons, and identifying technical assistance or resources to support the partners towards identified goals
- Research and develop resources, tools, case studies and other materials to support the identified goals of partners
- Assist in the development and delivery of project-related events
- Help to design and deliver peer learning workshops, topical clinics and other capacity-building activities for community leaders on topics related to climate mitigation and adaptation
- Provide administrative support for routine meetings and conference calls with project partners
- Conduct assigned research to support the development of ISC programs
- Assist in the dissemination of program materials to participants
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications strategies and materials
- Provide administrative support as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Two to five years of relevant professional experience in the areas of sustainability, climate mitigation, urban resilience or clean energy
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
- Willingness and ability to travel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Direct experience working with city/regional government
- Ability to work effectively both independently, and collaboratively as a positive and contributing team member
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, Google applications and other software
- Open office environment. No special working conditions. Up to 15% domestic travel required.
Read this information carefully. Adhering to these instructions will ensure that your application is submitted as required for hiring committee review.
- A cover letter is required. Your cover letter should be no more than one (1) page in length.
- A resume is required. Your resume should be no more than three (3) pages in length and should include details about your relevant education, skills and experience as they relate to this role.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be returning emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of an application. If the hiring committee selects your application for interview you will be contacted directly by a member of our team.