2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec seeks a motivated Junior to Intermediate Climate Change Engineer with 1 to 5 years’ experience, to help support and grow our corporate and regional services in the climate change/resiliency markets. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the technical and social issues associated with the impacts of climate change on the built environment, the integration of CC risks in life-cycle and asset management plans, and resiliency.
You will assist on projects to assess the impacts of climate change on the built environment and the risks on infrastructure, public services and ultimately the community. You will provide support with all Stantec’s Business Lines (Buildings, Transportation, Energy & Resources, Infrastructure and Water). General duties will include:
- Serve as a key member of the practice team to drive profitable growth of Stantec’s climate change risks’ services business across North America.
- Participate in projects to identify the nature of risks and severity of impacts to the built environment in a life cycle process that is included in asset management plans.
- Assessments of the predominant vulnerabilities of infrastructure, facilities and building to climate change and detailed risk assessments through more detailed engineering analysis.
- Make recommendations on risk mitigation and future climate adaptation measures, including adjustments for designs or operations.
- Contribute to growing new climate change services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec’s profile and market share in the regional climate change and resiliency markets (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Support the general growth and development of Stantec’s climate change and resiliency services. Collaborate with other Stantec practitioners from multiple offices around the global organization.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science in engineering/environmental science/planning or related discipline. (Candidate should be eligible to P.Eng.)
- 1+ years of consulting experience, with technical competencies in design and/or operations of infrastructure in the public and/or private sectors.
- Willingness to travel within Canada and internationally
- Experience and confidence to support and grow business in a dynamic market environment.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of Stantec.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening.