WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature, to work as Senior Project Officer at our Moradabad Field Office.
WWF India is working in Moradabad with multiple stakeholders addressing various threats facing River Ramganga. The metalware industry is a major user of water and impacts the quality of water in the river. WWF India has piloted clean technology research and demonstration with metalware units. Going forward, we would like to strength the engagement with the metalware units for the adoption and upscale of Better Management Practices.
The treatment and disposal of urban sewage is a major problem in the city, WWF India would like to demonstrate a pilot on Ecosystem Based Sewage Treatment in partnership with government agencies to build a case for decentralized wastewater treatment in the city.
We seek application from suitable candidates to work on WWF India’s urban and industrial engagement in Moradabad. The role offers the opportunity to demonstrate and advocate for effective waste water treatment measures at a city level engaging with multiple stakeholders.
The Job Profile:
- Coordinate programme activities in Moradabad working with various stakeholders associated with the metalware industry and urban wastewater sector.
- Organize local level training programmes/workshops for the identified target groups/stakeholders as and when required.
- Identify and manage partners to execute on-ground implementation in Moradabad with respect to urban and industrial work.
- Build relations and liaison with a range of stakeholders, such as businesses, NGOs, government agencies and communities.
- Oversee implementation of project activities in Moradabad, monitoring the progress and prepare progress reports.
- Undertake research and support in the implementation of industrial projects of the Rivers, Wetlands and Water Policy Division.
- Carry out any other responsibilities related to execution of activities of the Rivers, Wetlands and Water Policy Division.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Master Degree in Environmental Sciences / Environmental Engineering or any other related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in project implementation with respect to industrial water management / waste water treatment / water use efficiency.
- Prior experience of working with industries and urban utilities sector will be an advantage.
- Experience in environmental and water resource management in a multi-stakeholder set up will be an added advantage
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify / interact and collaborate with organizations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written in Hindi and English)
- Ability to analyze data and develop reports and presentation.
- Ability to work with a team and multiple stakeholders.
Apply Via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: 25th February, 2018
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Project Officer-Moradabad Field Office”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.