Largely dominated by an agrarian economy and experiencing the second highest population in Africa, Ethiopia faces many development challenges. Most of the population still relies on rain-fed production systems for food and income security. Agriculture accounts for over 40% of GDP, employs 80% of the labour force and generates some 90% of export earnings, yet most agricultural activity still occurs within small, subsistence-level farming systems. Whilst average plot sizes vary by region, many households survive on less than a hectare each.
Ethiopia suffers from food insecurity with average annual food production growth an estimated 2.4%, lagging behind population growth of 2.8% per annum. Major causes of food insecurity in Ethiopia include environmental degradation, deforestation, soil erosion, recurrent droughts and pressures caused by population growth. Across the country, environmental degradation has led to loss of production capacity, leaving crop cultivation and livestock husbandry struggling to withstand the immediate impacts of climate variability, including recent El-Nino events and associated floods and droughts.
Download both TOR and RFP Proposal Submission Form from the following link: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=44139
Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto; and
Firms are not eligible for this consultancy assignment (open only for National Firms)
- Documents Required:
The following proposals must be prepared as per the RFP Proposal Submission Instructions. The Proposals shall be submitted on or before application deadline March 2,2018 via UNDP Ethiopia Secured mail address: [email protected]
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: ETH-IC-2018-004 – TP – [insert your name];
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: ETH-IC-2018-004– FP – [insert your name];
- Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size.
- A candidate applying only by uploading CV to this job site will not be considered. Instead, both Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted to UNDP Secured email: [email protected]
- Those prospect consultants who fail to submit both Technical and financial proposals as per the standard format and to the designated secured email will not be further considered for evaluation.
- Please group all your documents into single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
- While submitting your proposals to [email protected] be sure your email subject line is ETH-IC-2018-004 in order to let our Office easily locate your respective proposals from secured email and be considered in subsequent evaluations.