1) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information including in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The Solicitation number is MCC-16-RFQ-0185 and is issued as a Request for Quotations (RFQ). This solicitation document incorporates all mandatory commercial item provisions and clauses that are in effect through the most recent Federal Acquisition Regulation amendments which can be found at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
2) The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code is 541219 and the small business size standard is $20.5 million.
3) FAR Clauses 52.212-1 through 52.212-5 apply to this procurement. The exact text and wording of clauses and provisions may be obtained from the Internet at http://acquisition.gov/far/index.html. The Government contemplates the award of a Time and Materials Order resulting from this solicitation. NOTE: An Addendum to FAR clause 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, (Alt I) is attached.
4) MCC is a U.S. Government corporation whose mission is to reduce global poverty through economic growth. It provides large-scale grant assistance in the form of 5-year Compacts, or agreements, that fund large-scale development projects in carefully selected countries that demonstrate a commitment to good governance, economic freedom, and investments in their citizenry. MCC Compacts are implemented by host governments through legal entities that they establish (referred to as Millennium Challenge Accounts or MCAs). Typical MCC Compacts include projects in agriculture and irrigation; energy; transport infrastructure; land rights; health; and education. For more information on the MCC, please visit www.mcc.gov.
5) THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR AN INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (NOT FIRMS) AND IS NOT FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT DIRECTLY WITH MCC. PLEASE VISIT: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-Defined FOR INFORMATION REGARDING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. Note: MCC will assist the consultant in coordinating with an Independent Contractor Engagement Services Provider for payroll, travel, international travel insurance, etc., therefore, a DUNS number and registration in System for Award Management (SAM) is not required.
Description of Services: MCC has a requirement for the services of a water supply and sanitation sector reform expert. The contractor shall support MCC’s Water, Sanitation and Irrigation Practice Group (WSI) in conducting due diligence and oversight of Compact and/or Threshold activities related to the development and strengthening of institutions involved in policy, regulation, and coordination, as well as those entities involved in owning, planning, managing and operating assets under water supply and sanitation sector.
This combined synopsis and solicitation notice is a request for competitive quotations. Therefore, all quotations received prior to the RFQ close date will be considered.
6) The Government will award an order to the responsible independent consultants(s) whose quote conforming to this notice represents the best value in terms of technical criteria, past performance and price. All non-price factors (technical criteria and past performance) are more important than price. If options are included, quotes will be evaluated by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the options(s).
7) Evaluation Factors. Only quotes which meet the mandatory technical evaluation criteria will be considered.
Technical Qualifications of Consultant:
The Consultant shall possess the following qualifications:
• Experience serving as a technical advisor to MCC, or other donors (Mandatory)
• Understanding of MCC operating environment, processes and requirements as a development partner (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of issues and challenges involved in designing and implementing water sector reform in developing countries, especially in Africa (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of how to run a “modern” utility, tariff setting, regulatory models, business planning, financial sustainability, asset management and NRW reduction planning, organizational restructuring, including potential retrenchment issues, and overall utility management (Mandatory)
• At least 15 years of experience working in water and sanitation sector (Mandatory)
• Experience working in developing countries, high desirable in Africa
• Knowledge of infrastructure financing facilities for the water sector
• Ability to identify implementation risks and appropriate mitigation measures
• Ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams
• Ability to brief high-level U.S. and foreign government officials on critical technical matters
• Experience in performing project analysis and appraisal, with an ability to identify the essential risks and issues of concern to a funding entity
• Ability to mobilize quickly after call order award
Three (3) professional references for relevant work performed during the past three years.
The government will examine the proposed rate for reasonableness.
*Please note: The Government shall evaluate offers for award purposes by adding the total price for all options, including options under FAR clause 52.217-8, Option to Extend Services, to the total price for the basic requirement. Evaluation of options will not obligate the Government to exercise the option(s).
8) Evaluation Methodology. The Government will perform a comparative analysis of quotes and will assess the advantages and disadvantages of each quote as related to the Evaluation Factors. Multiple awards may be made from this notice and all quotes will be retained and may be utilized for requirements for a period of 12 months.
9) Quote Deadline. Independent Consultants are invited to submit their quotations in response to this notice by 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST), Wednesday, July 20, 2016. Only e-mailed requests for additional information will be accepted at [email protected] by 12:00 pm eastern standard time on Wednesday, July 13, 2016. Quotations submitted in response to this notice shall include the solicitation number MCC-15-RFQ-0185 AND description in the subject line and be signed, dated and submitted via email to [email protected] The maximum file size is 10mb.
10) Quote Submission. The Individual Consultant shall submit the following document:
a. Technical: (1) Cover letter that addresses all technical criteria as listed in this solicitation; (2) Curriculum Vitae (15 page maximum)
b. Past Performance: Three professional references
c. Price: Bio-Data Form which includes the independent consultant’s proposed rate and salary history.
PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO ONE (1) DOCUMENT. DOCUMENTS (a), (b), &(c) MUST BE SUBMITTED AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS IN ONE (1) EMAIL.
11) FAR 52.212.3, Offeror Representations and Certifications – Commercial Items shall be required from the selected consultant, prior to the time of award.
12) There are no additional contract requirements(s) necessary for this acquisition other than those consistent with customary commercial practices.
13) See attached documents, (1) Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-4, (Alt I); (2) MCC Bio-Data Sheet and (3) Statement of Work.