ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic nationals for the position of Manager – Watersheds. This position is based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Hyderabad India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
ICRISAT Development Center (IDC) is undertaking large-scale uptake of science-backed technologies to achieve major impact in reducing poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation across Asia and Africa. IDC will also be a platform to capture lessons learnt, monitoring, evaluation and learning (ME&L). IDC is doing (a) taking (science-backed) proven technologies; (b) working with the right partners to take these out on a very large scale to reach the people; and (c) capturing lessons on how to do large scale adoption.
- Integration of plans, management, development, and on-farm research for sustaining ecosystem services by adopting integrated watershed management approach
- Good knowledge, skills of community mobilization, collective action, and participatory action research is essential for the person to develop integrated watersheds in different locations
- In addition to the social aspects of community mobilization and collective action, the job involves integration of crop production, technologies as well as rainwater harvesting structures and income generating activities for the small and marginal farmers including women
- Preparation of Project Reports, GIS maps, and conduct of participatory research trials in the areas of soil, water, nutrient and crop management. The incumbent is expected to travel extensively to watershed sites in India
- Help the Director, ICRISAT Development Center as needed
- MSc – Agriculture with 10 years of relevant experience in farm management or watershed management or Ph.D. with 3 years of experience
- Ability to prepare good scientific reports is desired
- Ability to manage farm operations and supervise farm laborers is essential
- Good team player in cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply
Applicants should apply on or before 22 February 2018, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer