We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Administrative Coordinator to join the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters’ growing team in the Twin Cities. Join a great team of people who are dedicated to protecting the Boundary Waters in a highly challenging and intellectually engaging environment.
The Boundary Waters, the largest Wilderness Area east of the Rockies and north of the Everglades, is one of “50 Places of a Lifetime” according to National Geographic.
Unfortunately, the Chilean mining company Antofagasta and its subsidiary Twin Metals have proposed building dangerous sulfide-ore copper mines along waterways that flow into the Boundary Waters, Voyageurs National Park, and Quetico Park. The area’s clean water and rich aquatic ecosystem are particularly vulnerable to acid mine drainage from this type of mining.
The Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters, led by Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, is leading the effort to ensure permanent protection for the Boundary Waters Wilderness, America’s most visited Wilderness and Minnesota’s crown jewel, from proposed sulfide-ore copper mining.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to our Development Director. They will oversee the Campaign’s accounting, database and donor management, and office management, in addition to providing support for our executive work, communications, fundraising, and events.
- Manage and prepare reimbursements and invoicing and work with accountant
- Assist with timesheets and payroll
Database and Donor Management:
- Create and implement a database utilization plan and best practices, including trainings for entire team
- Database entry including mailing lists, membership, contact lists, petitions and maintain all database records
- Ensure memberships and donations from all sources are processed and acknowledged on a timely basis
- Prepare regular fundraising reports and data analysis
Office Management & Executive Support:
- Provide a welcoming office environment for staff, supporters, volunteers, and other visitors
- Track inventory, organize and facilitate ordering of merchandise, supplies, and materials
- Manage and troubleshoot office printer, copier, and other equipment and technology
- Create and update online profiles on relevant non-profit sites
- Monitor and respond to messages sent to organizational email addresses
- Prepare powerpoints and other documents
- Update specific website content, including event page and news articles
- Book travel, manage calendars, take meeting notes and coordinate logistics for meetings etc.
Fundraising, events and other special projects
- Plan and implement merchandise promotions, assist with business relationships and help coordinate mailings, grants and other fundraising initiatives
- Assist with special event planning and implementation
- Other tasks as needed
- Passion for protecting the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ambitious and takes initiative; committed to getting the job done
- Ability to think strategically, and to anticipate and solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team player
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience in administrative or other similar work
- Experience with a grassroots non-profit organization or political campaign
- Experience working with donor databases
- Advanced Excel skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Administrative Coordinator position is a full-time salaried position with Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, an IRS recognized 501c3 organization.
- Compensation includes a competitive salary and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits.
- Position will be located in Minneapolis, MN with occasional travel to Duluth, MN and Ely, MN.
Please email your resume, a cover letter and three references to [email protected] with Subject Line: Administrative Coordinator Application – Save the Boundary Waters.