WASH Project Manager
The Water Supply, Sanitation & Hygiene Program Manager (WASH PM) will be responsible for the management and implementation of an integrated WASH program in Eastern Ukraine.The WASH PM will work under the supervision of the Field Coordinator based in Kostyantinovka.
The WASH PM position’s major objectives are to properly achieve the following global tasks:
- Proper implementation of all aspects of the UNICEF WASH project
- Team management of all operational staff within the project.
- Ability to design and scale up Water supply, Water treatment and Sanitation systems and Hygiene response
- Programs: He/She will ensure implementation and oversight of all WASH related activities in targeted area.
- Human Resources: He/She will supervise the WASH team (PUI employees and any day labourers).
- Logistics and Administration: He/She will oversee the logistic and administrative duties of the project(s) under his/her responsibility.
- Representation: Upon request from his/her supervisors he/she will represent the organization to local partners, authorities and stakeholders in relation to the scope of the WASH project.
- Safety and Security: He/She will assist in following safety and security rules on-base and will transmit all safety and security information to his/her supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She will assist in developing new operations as needed.
- Degree in hydraulics, water sciences and/or water management
- Humanitarian WASH software and hardware aspects
- Humanitarian - minimum 2 years of experience in management of WASH Projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Understanding of project cycle management
- Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- English - Required
- Ukrainian, Russian - Desirable
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract - 8 months
- Monthly gross income: from 1815 up go 2145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home/mission, visas, vaccines
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/7 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living expenses ("per diem")
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy - 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months