Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
Considering the 2015 Paris Agreement and the establishment of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Climate Change Division partners with stakeholders within the IDB Group and across Latin America and the Caribbean to mobilize resources, generate and disseminate knowledge, and help build institutions to achieve low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
To achieve this mission, CSD/CCS has developed a strategic work force plan to implement its Action Plan 2017-2019, based on the creation of four strategic pillars: Mainstreaming climate change, climate finance, Climate institutions and strategy and resource planning.
The Bank seeks a Knowledge and Learning Specialist to develop, support, execute and evaluate CCS training and capacity building plans, programs and activities.
The contractual will Develop, support, execute and evaluate CCS training and capacity building plans, programs and activities to:
- Fill identified knowledge gaps and target audiences’ needs;
- Strengthen understanding of internal and external clients of climate resilience and mitigation opportunities and risks;
- Strengthen country and institutional capacities to achieve access to climate finance to deliver low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
The selected candidate will:
- Conduct research and analysis of skills and knowledge gaps; contributing to the prioritization of knowledge needs and gaps for knowledge generation and dissemination and to the implementation of a knowledge management strategy.
- Use needs assessment and best practices to design state of the art capacity building and training program
- Support CCS Climate Specialists and Program Coordinators in the design and delivery of training and capacity building programs for internal and external clients.
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts and learning institutions to ensure implementation, evaluation, and reporting of training and capacity building plans, programs and events.
- Participate in the delivery of training and capacity building efforts in specialized technical areas.
- Provide train the trainer support for internal subject matter experts.
- Support and coordinate the planning and oversee the execution of conferences, capacity building and training programs in close collaboration with the Partnerships and Communications team.
- Work with internal and external partners to plan, coordinate, and execute events in an organized, cost-effective, and efficient manner in close collaboration with the Partnerships and Communications team.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the delivery and effectiveness of internal and external training and capacity building programs.
- Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Master’s Degree in in Communication, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Applied Science or Environmental Studies or a related discipline desirable. 5 years to 8 years preferable of experience in Learning & Knowledge Management Methodologies & Interventions; Measurement, Evaluation & Learning Impact; Instructional Design; Interdisciplinary Knowledge & Institutional Perspective; Delivery & Facilitation of Learning; Learning & Knowledge Project Management, Storytelling; Media Design & Development; Communications & Messaging; Stakeholder insight & Outreach and Events Planning & Organization. Ideally with direct experience of working with Governments, Academia and the private sector, and a minimum of two (2) years of work with an international environment.
- Languages: Excellent command of two official languages of the IDB, in this case English and Spanish. Portuguese and French a plus.
- Consultancy category and modality: Defined Term Contractual, Monthly
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Place(s) of work: IDB Headquarters
- Responsible person: The contractual will be supervised by Marco Macias, Operations Senior Specialist, partnerships and communications, CSD/CCS
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.