The scope of this job is to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of ANSI’s international projects and development programs. This primarily includes the implementation of one current project, with a particular focus on water and sanitation needs in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, and advocacy to deliver technical solutions. The position may include tasks associated with assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
The duration of this position is 1-4 years, dependent on donor renewal after 1 year, and may lead to regular employment. Employment will remain at will regardless of its duration.
- Supports the Director, International Development and other International Policy staff in the administration and implementation of international projects, working primarily on one grant to carry out advocacy and outreach activities.
- Leads the organization of workshops and other events; communication with host country partners and potential participants; drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Recruits and manages consultants or other contractors as needed to execute project activities.
- Liaises with donor organization staff to report progress and validate deliverables.
- Engages host country officials in government and the private sector, working to promote and implement solutions for improved sanitation. Coordinates relationships with these partners for shared policy objectives.
- Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
- Engages external stakeholders including ANSI members, donor organizations, and others in support of ANSI’s international development programs
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
- Coordinates with other staff and members as necessary to effectively achieve project goals within budgetary constraints.
- Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Education and Training
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent required; further study a strong plus – preferably in one or more of the following fields: international development; water and sanitation; government relations
- Foreign languages – Written and oral communication skills in French or Mandarin Chinese a strong plus
Skills and Experience
- 4+ year’s work experience, in a related field such as international development, sanitation, or government relations
- Extensive advocacy experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or alliance
- Sound political judgment and sensitivity, and proven experience engaging with and influencing decision makers
- International experience strongly preferred, particularly in Africa and/or Asia
- Background in standardization, conformity assessment or regulatory fields a plus
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Project management experience; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project)
- Position requires extensive international travel
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].