Duties and Accountabilities:
The specialist will support the Bank’s water program in Indonesia, with a focus on water resources management and irrigation sectors. The specialist will work with Bank Task Team Leaders (TTLs) to provide operational support on sector analysis; and development and implementation of programs and projects. Specific tasks would include:
- Conduct research on various water related topics. This would include technical evaluation of available documents;
- Provide written outputs based on the research and evaluation of documents;
- Participate as a technical Bank team member to prepare projects and provide implementation support;
- Interact with Government officials, donors, and other partners to carry out Bank’s operations;
- Prepare operational documents for the Bank’s project work;
- Conduct site visits as needed for operational work;
- Review technical documents which may include feasibility studies, Terms of Reference for technical work, and procurement documents;
- Assist in addressing, in a timely manner, any project issues that may come up;
The candidate should meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of water resource management;
- A Master’s level degree in a field relevant to water resources management, including civil and environmental engineering, hydrology, or other related field.
The candidate should have:
- Broad-based work experience and thorough knowledge of the water sector; ability to develop, analyze and articulate project related issues; and a demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and propose reliable solutions.
- A broad understanding of water sector policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations relevant to operational or analytical work.
- Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
- Water Policy and Strategy – Good understanding of water policies and strategies and their role in delivering outcomes to end users/customers
- Water Institutions – Good understanding of Water Resource Management (WRM) sector institutions and how they are best organized to deliver services to end users in a sustainable manner
- Water Resources Management – Knowledge and experience in water resources planning, management and development, with depth in at least one subtopic.
- Innovate – Develops innovative solutions with others.
- Deliver Results for Clients – Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across GPs and the WBG, and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Make Smart Decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
- Work Independently – Meets commitments and accepts accountability with minimum supervision.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.