University of Texas Arlington (UTA) is searching for a Natural Resources Specialist, based in Austin, TX.
Performs work at a professional level in the environmental field of water rights permitting and availability. Work is performed under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Duties include processing water rights changes of ownership which involves reviewing legal documents, tracking status, and sending requests for information. This position will be responsible for communicating the technical, legal, and administrative requirements for water right permit change of ownership applications; providing assistance on water rights permitting change of ownership application and related rules and regulations to applicants, agency staff, consulting engineers, attorneys, environmentalists, and the general public; reviewing water right permit change of ownership applications for completeness and setting up related files; coordinating the flow of applications through the review, research, and approval process, and composing draft and final memos and correspondence in accordance with the state rules, policies, and guidelines; researching deeds, wills, land surveys, and other legal documents to resolve unverified ownership of water rights; coordinating with Office of Administrative Services (OAS) to ensure water right data integrity in Central Registry; preparing documentation relating to notices of violation and enforcement action reports; and entering violations and enforcement actions into central compliance tracking system. In addition, this position will participate in special assignments, including the review and/or research of water rights files, records, maps, and water rights databases.
- Bachelor’s degree. One (1) year of experience in data analysis, environmental quality management, public utilities, business administration, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience in data analysis, environmental quality management, public utilities, business administration, or related field.
- Experience collecting, organizing information and/or tracking milestones for projects.
- Experience plotting metes and bounds or legal descriptions.
- Experience interpreting legal documents (e.g. deeds and/or wills).
- Excellent communication skills.
Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information:
- Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties; and
- Education: school name, degree type, and major.