The Brand and Creative Department supports WaterAid both in the UK and globally to raise awareness of the global water and sanitation crisis and WaterAid’s work to change this. The department develops creative communications that have impact and deliver change: ensuring WaterAid leads the way with innovative and engaging storytelling content. The department also works across the organisation to identify and develop critical strategic communications activities around key moments. By showing why water, toilets and hygiene are essential we want to inspire people to get involved and persuade decision makers to affect change that brings universal access by 2030.
The International Communications Manager is responsible for two key areas of work:
- The Voices from the Field (VftF) global communications programme that works with fundraising, communications, policy and programme teams across WaterAid’s federation to provide regular film and photography content for a variety of multi-million pound grants, contracts, appeals and advocacy initiatives.
- Playing a strategic role in strengthening WaterAid’s network of global communications staff; ensuring the right skills and knowledge are in place to raise WaterAid’s profile and maximise our impact at global and national levels. The two strands of the role are intended to complement and support the other in developing our communications and storytelling abilities that are essential to achieving WaterAid’s organisational goals.
- Leading a global communications programme – Voices from the Field
- Strategically developing WaterAid’s international communications network
- Team management
- Graduate (or equivalent) qualification in relevant subject or equivalent work experience.
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a global communications programme.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of creating, developing and delivering training packages, ideally in an international environment.
- Excellent experience of leading, managing and motivating others.
- Strong, proven experience of engaging with and influencing stakeholders at all levels of a global organisation.
- Excellent experience of project management at a strategic level; with an organised and thorough approach to planning and managing projects.
- Strong experience of developing story ideas from concept to final output.
- Strong ability to generate and develop creative ideas, with a good eye for design, film and photography and knowledge of communications trends.
- Substantial experience of creating communications resources of the highest quality.
- Excellent, accurate written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of international development issues and or working in the voluntary sector in a communications role.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Design and editing skills.
- Event management experience.
- Spoken and/or written French and/or Portugues
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified.