Want to work for a contemporary water management agency whose mission is to assist in meeting the increasing water demands of the West while protecting the environment and the public’s investment? Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to become a leader and grow in a water resources management organization.
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Mid-Pacific Region, Klamath Basin Area Office in Klamath Falls, OR. For more information on the Klamath Falls area visit: https://www.klamathfalls.city/
- Serves as the Deputy Area Manager for the Klamath Basin Area Office (KBAO).
- Advises and assists on matters concerning policy, program execution and maintaining appropriate relationships with other government entities, water districts, environmental organizations, and the general public.
- Serves as a member of negotiation teams with a lead role in developing negotiation positions, strategy and negotiation of acceptable provisions.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of the title transfer program and as the lead representative on agreements, negotiations and related issues.
- Prepares, justifies and monitors the annual budget for all assigned study and program activities.
- Exercises thorough knowledge and understanding of how regulatory or enforcement programs are administered to measure and evaluate program accomplishment and evaluate the impact of implementing the assigned programs.
- Supervises and manages the administrative, engineering, and scientific program activities of the Area Office and ensures that common priorities, information sharing, and accountability exist between the organizational divisions and intra-office teams.
- Represents Reclamation in dealings with various private and public interests and in dealings with key political figures that serve the interests of the public in the area.
- Provides advice and recommendations to the Area Manager on key issues that may affect critical aspects of Reclamation programs in the area, including matters of a confidential nature, Congressional inquiries, or other matters of special interest.
- Maintains close relationships with federal, state, tribal, and local resources agencies, water users, and environmental organizations to develop an in‑depth understanding of their interests and to identify opportunities for consensual resolution of differences.
Conditions of Employment
- Position Subject to an Extensive Background Investigation.
- Required to file a Statement of Financial Interests at appt and annually.
Applicants must meet all qualification, and as applicable, selective factor requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
- GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-13 level in Federal service.
- Definition of Specialized Experience: To meet specialized experience, your resume must describe experience that demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as follows:
- Experience in managing or personally performing work related to the operation and maintenance of dams or hydropower facilities, water control systems and associated facilities; experience in planning, design, construction, operation, or maintenance of civil works projects related to power and/or to the storage and conveyance of water such as canals, dams, pipelines, or tunnels; experience in managing or personally performing work on land and/or water issues that are inherent in overall program management of water resources projects. These examples are not all inclusive.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.