Incorporated in 2004, Watershed Institute, Inc. is an interdisciplinary group of natural resource professionals with experience in the sciences, business, legal, and public affairs. Watershed Institute, Inc. has experience and expertise in terrestrial and aquatic habitat assessments, stream enhancement and restoration design, streambank stabilization, wetland design, riparian buffer planting and maintenance, natural resource land management, and water law.
Our mission and focus are to restore, enhance, and preserve streams, rivers, lakes, wetlands, riparian corridors, and green space to benefit water quality, ecosystems, and watersheds for generations to come. Passion, creativity, and ethics go into every Watershed Institute, Inc. project. Our team has the expertise for a variety of environmental solutions with an emphasis on increasing and improving aquatic ecosystems. Our work environment is filled with team comradery, living each day to help one another while making a positive environmental impact. Are you ready to turn your passion for the environment into a lifelong career?! Join the Watershed Institute team and help us contribute to an environment we can all be proud of.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
Duties will include, but not limited to, assisting field staff with stream/wetland survey, design, and construction oversight activities, riparian planting and establishment activities, native grass seeding and establishment activities, natural resource assessments, and terrestrial and aquatic habitat assessments. Potential and availability for overnight travel is required.
Qualifications and Skills
The Watershed Institute is looking for an individual with experience in the natural resource sciences. Applicants with experience in, but not limited to, botany, wildlife/aquatic biology, wetland sciences, or engineering is preferred. Applicants with field experience, able to work in a team environment, and are comfortable working in a variety of field conditions, including in an around water.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited school
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator or willing to acquire
- Proven competence by experience and recommendation
- Basic mechanical knowledge regarding tools, small engines, trailer, etc.
- Willingness and ability to safely operate agricultural machinery including tractors, mowers, disc, tree planter, native grass drill, etc.
- Class A CDL or willing to acquire
- GIS/AutoCAD knowledge a plus
- Knowledge in landscape architecture/design
- Trust worthy individual capable of working independently
- Motivated self-starter wanting to work within a team environment
- Survey experience a plus
- Willing to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Capable of lifting +50 lbs.