The five-year USAID Learning Contract will help USAID/Uganda strengthen its performance and, to a lesser extent the performance of its implementing partners, in collaborating, learning and performing in order to fortify the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development.
Note: Ugandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
MSI seeks a mid- to senior-level social scientist with expertise in natural resource management/environment to serve as a ready source of advice and guidance to USAID/Uganda and implementing partner (IP) staff.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in natural resource management/environmental science.
- Increase USAID/Uganda’s understanding of local context through rapid assessments, ongoing research, and continuous dialogue with Ugandan thought leaders.
- Coordinate with each other to provide a comprehensive perspective to USAID/Uganda’s learning.
- Draft scopes of work (SOWs) for, help select, arrange meetings and site visits for, and deepen the work of visiting evaluation, analytic, assessment and activity design teams and individuals funded by USAID/Uganda.
- Facilitate collaboration among Ugandan thought leaders.
- Increase USAID/Uganda’s though leadership through media, a public speakers series, etc., in purposeful ways to further open the enabling environment for the success of USAID/Uganda activities.
- Help with the range of documentation preparation, monitoring and other tasks necessary to ensure that USAID/Uganda and its IPs are compliant with U.S. Government laws and regulations, USAID policies, Ugandan law, policies and regulations relevant to environmental protection.
- PhD in natural resource management/environmental science required.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of experience applying social science expertise to donor-funded development projects.
- Experience with USAID or another donor.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.