Applications are now open for international candidates (closing date: 1 August 2016).
You are an international candidate if you are not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident. Domestic candidates can view available scholarships here.
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is offering up to three scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2017. These include:
- Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships (Type A) for future water leaders from priority countries in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East (see details in table below). One of these scholarships will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
- One full tuition scholarship (Type B) for a future water leader from selected countries in North America, Europe or Asia (see details in table below).
Type A Scholarships – Full tuition and full living costs scholarships
Each scholarship is valued at AU$92,645 and will cover:
Important – please read the Terms and Conditions to see what is included and how the scholarship will be paid out.
International candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements (see below), hold citizenship and currently live in one of the priority countries in the Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
One of these scholarships will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
Type B Scholarship – Full tuition scholarship
This scholarship is valued at approximately AU$52,500 and will cover:
International candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements (see below), hold citizenship and currently live in North America, Europe or Asia.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- Have at least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency (see UQ’s Policy including minimum scores for IELTS, TOEFL or PTE). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
Important – Terms and Conditions
Before you apply for a scholarship, please read the IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships are now open for international candidates for the 2017 intake. Apply now!
You are an ‘international candidate’ if you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Important dates (for international candidates)
- Opening date: 1 May 2016
- Closing date: 1 August 2016 – 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified (via email) on 23 August 2016 and the Scholarships Selection Panel will make a final decision on successful recipients by 1 November 2016.
- The IWC Master of Integrated Water Management will commence in February 2017 at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria to assess and rank applications:
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted (via email) on 23 August 2016. Applicants who have not been shortlisted will also be notified by this date.
At the end of August, shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
In mid-October the Scholarship Selection Panel will decide on successful scholarship recipients (from those who have been shortlisted and received an unconditional offer of admission in the MIWM program from UQ).
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 1 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from the IWC.
More details about the scholarships selection process can be found in the Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
Unsuccessful scholarships applicants who are accepted in the program as full-fee paying students will have access to IWC partial scholarships up to the value of AU$9,500. Further details will be published on this page in November 2016.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +61 7 3014 0200
Watch our webinar recording (by Dr Brian McIntosh)
Dr Brian McIntosh, IWC Senior Lecturer and Education Director presented a webinar on Wednesday 29 June 2016 to introduce the MIWM program/ scholarships and answer participants’ questions.
If you missed the webinar or would like to watch it again, please click on this link.