We are seeking a senior project manager on the Facilities and Environmental Performance team to lead energy and sustainability initiatives, projects and programs in support of Starbucks’ Global Social Impact goals for U.S. and Canadian retail stores. You will contribute to Starbucks success by implementing and managing projects, tools and guidelines for our internal facilities and construction teams and suppliers, developing continuous improvement programs to support Starbucks’ continued global leadership in sustainability.
As a senior project manager for the energy & sustainability team, you will:
- Lead cross functional project teams and sub-teams to develop and implement new sustainability and process improvement projects for the facilities organization and cross functional partners.
- Manage projects in accordance with Starbucks established program management methodologies. Manage and monitors project or program schedules, progress and costs to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget. Maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed. Consolidate, communicate and ensure resolution of all issues. Develop and collect performance metrics.
- Manage existing programs focused on efficiency including LED lighting sustainment, energy management systems, and water optimization.
- Project manage development of an existing store Green Retail certification program
- Manage key facilities strategic projects to drive continuous improvement
- Manages of key financial and environmental metrics for programs
- Represents business unit, department or functional area on cross-functional project teams. Provides functional expertise to assess potential financial and operational impact.
We would like to talk with candidates that have:
- 2+ years in managing Sustainability projects
- 5+years in project management, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk quality, requirements gathering and analysis, integration, procurement, human resources and communications
- 5+ years Managing complex large-scale or multiple mid-sized projects 5 years
- 5+ years working across functional areas to develop effective business solutions that
- align with company and business unit/department objectives
- 2+ years mentoring teams and other project managers
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, environmental policy, business, supply chain management, finance, or a combination of education and experience
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel