• Manage the DG’s communications and outreach by
(1) developing and maintaining a Press Strategy in close coordination with Global Communications Unit;
(2) reviewing and helping finalise draft press statements;
(3) preparing social media outputs;
(4) editing or drafting, as appropriate, forewords, endorsement quotes, etc.;
• Write briefing material for the DG’s use in meetings with external stakeholders;
• Coordinate the production and finalise draft talking points, presentations and speeches for the DG in close coordination with relevant units and offices;
• Accompany and support the DG on missions and high level meetings with Ministers, UN agency heads and other partners, as appropriate. Prepare and follow-up on meeting action points;
• Assist with the management of the DG’s workflow (meetings, correspondence, etc.) in close coordination with the Executive Assistant;
• Work on specific tasks including research, statistical and other analytical support, and Human Resources Initiatives/Projects;
• Provide writing support to the Global Communications Unit for specific corporate products, including the IUCN Annual report and other promotional material to be used by the DG in external meetings;
• Support the DG in the planning and implementation of IUCN’s 70th Anniversary celebrations. Contribute towards the production of a “thought piece” by undertaking background research, drafting relevant sections, editing as well as developing communications strategy.
|• University degree in political science, international relations, development, economics, law or other related fields;|
• 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in an international organization or similar field of work;
• Fluency in oral and written English;
• Knowledge of other IUCN languages (French and Spanish) is an advantage;
• Good analytical and research skills;
• Diplomatic, dynamic and fast learner.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/