The WASH Operation Assistant will be based in GOAL’s office in Harem supporting the WASH operation Officer with Data collection, conducting field periodic inspections, Documentation and reporting. S/he will work in close coordination Syria-based GOAL engineers and the Water Units.
The WASH Operation Assistant’s main responsibility is to ensure that all required data related to WASH activities are collected and properly documented. This will involve working closely with the WASH engineers/Water Units. It will also involve periodic visits to all pumping station beyond WASH programme area of operation to fill inspection check lists and documents. This will require a high-level knowledge of pumping stations’ equipment and water systems.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Periodically travel to all pumping stations beyond WASH programme’s Area of operation for fuel usage monitoring.
- Conducting fuel calibration for water stations’ generators regularly.
- Conducting the periodic fuel stocktake in water pumping stations.
- Preparing and sorting WASH activities and project documents.
- Collecting water stations’ operational data.
- Assisting WASH Operation officer in data entry.
- Any other duties required by WASH operation officer.
- Technical mechanical certificate (mechanical engineering institution) or related technical field. Degree in Mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Very good technical knowledge of water stations and generators.
- Very good Excel skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
- High level of attention to details.
- willingness to work long hours under significant pressure.