SIWI is recruiting a temporary officer for the period of 15 Maj – 31 August for a range of tasks related to organising the World Water Week 2018.
About World Water Week
SIWI annually organizes the World Water Week that is the largest annual global meeting place for water and development related issues. In 2017, over 3,400 individuals and close to 400 convening organizations from 130 countries participated in the Week. World Water Week consist of over 200 sessions.
SIWI invites around 800 guests to World Water Week to attend different activities throughout the course of the week. The invitations are managed and created electronically in 2 different systems and sent out via individual links. The tasks range from coordinating the internal invitation process and sending out electronic invitations to communicating with our suppliers and supporting our invited guest and SIWI staff with their requests.
SIWI also facilitates for organizations to host closed meetings. The closed meetings are booked electronically. The tasks include supporting organizations with booking meeting rooms, as well as technical equipment and catering, and communicating with our suppliers.
Desired Skills & personal profile
SIWI is looking for a well organised person with an eye for details. The position requires good skills, ability and interest to work with excel, importing, exporting lists, electronic send outs and databases. Since the World Water Week is an international forum you should to enjoy international interaction and be an open and flexible person. You will be an important part of a dynamic team at SIWI working with a variety of different tasks related to the World Water Week and Prizes in Stockholm. The position requires interaction and excellent communication with the rest of the World Water Week team.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating invited guest internally and with our supplier
- Manage invitation database
- Update systems and list
- Export and export excel
- Offer service to our invited guest
- Contact with embassies
- Closed meetings
- Receive orders for rooms, technical equipment and catering
- Communicate orders to venue
- Offer good service to our partners prior to and on-site
Other tasks in the position include being part of the World Water Week’s Secretariat and staffing the Secretariat during the Week, which involves a lot of interaction with delegates.
Qualifications and experiences
- Experience in organising/coordinating events
- Good ability to communicate with high-level persons in English and Swedish
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good project management skills
- Previous experience working with systems and databases
- Previous work in an international environment and experience of organising international conferences/events/meetings is an asset.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is positive and problem solving oriented
- Is able to handle stress
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to simultaneously handle complex tasks with an eye for details
- Enjoys working with systems and databases
How to apply for the position:
Please submit your CV and cover letter (max. two pages) to [email protected] by Monday March 5th, 2018