The World Water Week and Prizes team is looking for a summer assistant for Stockholm Junior Water Prize. The time period will be from June to August.
This summer we will hold the 22nd competition of SJWP during World Water Week and we expect around 50 young students ages 15-20 to arrive in Stockholm on 25 August. SJWP is an international competition with finalists arriving from an expected 35 countries. A full weeks programme is planned for them with items ranging from jury interviews, city walks, social programme and scientific programme. A gala ceremony where the winner is announced and participation at the Royal Banquet is also part of the job.
The assistant will report to Ania Andersch who is the manager of SJWP.
The candidate will need to function well both as an independent worker and a team player.
Good organizational skills is a must together with communication skills in English.
During the week we stay at the hotel together with the finalists and the work is requiring long hours and subjected to stressful situations.
The main tasks include:
- General office duties and assistance with logistics and administration
- Assisting the SJWP manager with management of all plans for national organisers, jury work, finalists
- Administration of various meetings and events during week, list creation
- Delivery under last week of August
Qualifications and experiences:
- Experience from working with youth is a plus
- Experience of international coordinating work is a plus
- Good ability to communicate in English, other languages such as Swedish and Spanish is an advantage
- Good project management skills with the ability to simultaneously handle complex tasks with an eye for details
- The position involves a lot of logistics as well as interaction with different sectors and cultures. A need to be service minded, adaptable, structured and to be able to handle stress is required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably database software
Please note that in addition to the summer assistant we are also looking for assistants for the actual week. I e 24 August – 30 August 2018.
How to apply for the position:
Please submit your CV and cover letter (max. two pages) to [email protected] by Monday, March 5th, 2018