SIWI is recruiting a temporary officer for the period of 1 June – 31 August for a range of tasks related to organising the World Water Week 2018.
SIWI annually organizes the World Water Week that is the largest annual global meeting place for water and development related issues. In 2017, over 3,400 individuals and close to 400 convening organizations from 130 countries participated in the Week. World Water Week consist of over 200 sessions.
SIWI is looking for a well organised person with an eye for details. Since the World Water Week is an international forum you should to enjoy international interaction and be an open and flexible person. You will be an important part of a dynamic team at SIWI working with a variety of different tasks related to the World Water Week and Prizes in Stockholm.
The tasks will range from coordinating the programme of the showcases and Sofa as well as the World Water Week’s exhibition. The position requires interaction and excellent communication with the rest of the World Water Week team.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with the event’s organisers to ensure that all the information is submitted in time
- Provide support in order to organise interactive sessions
- Compile and process information for different conference publications
- Sending Invoices
- Coordinating sessions for the Sofa
- Function as link between producer and session organisers.
- Coordinating the Exhibition
- Handle catering & technical orders
- Function as link between Exhibitors, venue & suppliers
Other tasks in the position include being part of the World Water Week’s Secretariat and staffing the Secretariat during the Week, which involves a lot of interaction with delegates.
Qualifications and experiences
- Experience in organising/coordinating events
- Good ability to communicate with high-level persons in English and Swedish
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge in water and/or development related issues an asset
- Previous work in an international environment and experience of organising international conferences/events/meetings is an asset.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is positive and problem solving oriented
- Is able to handle stress
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to simultaneously handle complex tasks with an eye for details
How to apply for the position:
Please submit your CV and cover letter (max. two pages) to [email protected] by Monday March 5th, 2018