Objective of the Assignment
The main objective of the assessment will be to investigate policy and policy implementation gaps and develop a framework/guideline to make WASH systems and services climate change resilience including simple climate risk screening and assessment tools.
Scope of the Assignment
The assignment will be delivered to inform further Climate Resilient WASH Policies and programs to be delivered by the WASH sector in Ethiopia under the ONE WASH Program and will provide in-depth analysis on the links between climate resilience and WASH at policy and implementation level.
This consultancy is expected (but not limited) to the following major tasks
1. Identify polices and strategies gaps by reviewing relevant documents and key informant interview with stakeholders
2. Identify implementation level gaps by assessing one Region and Woreda as a case
3. Develop framework/guideline to make WASH systems and services climate change resilience including simple climate risk screening, vulnerability assessment and planning tools.
It is expected that the individual professionals will come up with clear proposal and analysis tool and data collection and methodology
Expected Outputs/ deliverables
The technical Advisor will be expected to deliver the following major outputs:
• Inception report including clear methodologies
• Draft report and facilitation of a consultative workshop
• Final Report of the assessment
The technical advisor will have a good knowledge on climate change, adaptation related research, tools and implementation of CR projects a good understanding of the WASH sector in Ethiopia.
The assignment will be completed by March 30, 2018.