Rivers Team Manager
This is a new post within Staffordshire Wildlife Trust and is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape the work of our rivers team. The post holder is the lead person responsible for co-ordinating our partnership work across our wetland priorities and in line with the Trust’s Development Plan.
The post is part funded (14 hours per week) through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) until 2020. The post holder will therefore take on the programme manager role for this project on behalf of a wider partnership. The ERDF project involves a number of large scale wetland and grassland projects on sites across Stoke and Newcastle-under-Lyme, working closely with the other SWT staff and project partners.
Location is Wolseley Center, but expected to spend a minimum of 1 day per week at Stoke-on-Trent City Council offices for the period of the ERDF funded programme.
The post-holder is primarily responsible for :
- co-ordinating the activities across the Trust’s Rivers Team, ensuring staff are supported and working effectively and projects are adequately resourced.
- identifying and maximising opportunities to develop projects, ensuring these deliver SWT objectives and as far as possible are externally funded and working collaboratively across the department.
- overseeing the ERDF funded programme of works across all delivery partners and ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget, and with relevant stakeholder and community engagement.
We are therefore looking for someone with :
- excellent people management and leadership skills to develop and expand the team as external funding opportunities allow.
- a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent in an environmental field.
- minimum of 7-years working in conservation on wetland/rivers related projects.
- significant experience of working with a wide range of land management consultants and technical specialists and large scale contract management.
- experience of developing, designing and delivering natural flood management projects and securing external funding from partners.
- extensive experience in delivering partnership based collaborative projects.
If you have the above qualifications/skills, together with excellent organisational, presentation, negotiation and communication skills, then please contact us at for an application pack.