Entry Level Water Resources Specialist
The Water Business Line of AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Water Resources Specialist for employment in the Atlanta, GA office. AECOM is searching for candidates that have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. In this role, entry-level technical new hires are eligible to participate in AECOM’s Graduate Development Program (GDP), a 2-year development experience designed to support assimilation into the organization, help with technical development planning toward licensure (or other early technical milestones), and with creating a foundation of knowledge necessary for future career success.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Hydraulics and hydrologic studies
- Drainage design
- Economic Benefit Cost Analysis
- Project layout
- Quantity take offs and construction cost estimating
- Report preparation
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering or other related field
- Some hydraulic modeling experience
- Use of HEC-RAS or HEC-HMS
- Experience with CADD and/or GIS
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software experience
- Strong Technical Writing skills
- Good communication
- Leadership skills
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.