Environmental Consultant (EIA)
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you’re an Environmental Consultant and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our Leeds or Warrington team as Consultant or Senior Consultant and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go
Overview of Role:
You will be required to work on a range of projects and bids and be flexible to work across the range of disciplines that currently form the Environmental Assessment team assisting with coordination, provision of environmental advice and impact assessment.
You will be part of the wider UK Environmental Planning team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public-sector clients.
Our team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
- Maintaining and understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry;
- Delivering outcomes for our clients and helping them manage their environmental planning risks;
- Proactively managing IA (EIA/SEA/ESIA) projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication;
- Establishing strong relationships with environmental disciplines, planners and engineers;
- Coordinating technical specialists, providing guidance and consistency of approach;
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the IA team;
- Co-ordinate and influence project stakeholders to maximise best client and environmentally responsible outcomes;
- Managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result;
- Liaising with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with their projects;
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations relevant to their role;
- Providing environmental advice which complies with current regulation and best practice.
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree, with Master’s Degree in relevant Environmental discipline preferred;
- Chartered Environmentalist or Practitioner IEMA Membership working towards Chartered status;
- Experience of working in consultancy or a comparable role in industry;
- Detailed knowledge of UK environmental legislation and planning policy;
- Wide-ranging working knowledge of IA and various consenting and planning regimes (TWA, DCO, TCPA, local and regional planning);
- Experience of undertaking IAs on a variety of projects such as transportation, rail, water and regeneration schemes. Experience of contributing to and leading SEAs and Sustainability Appraisals would also be beneficial;
- Demonstrable experience of coordination all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) from options to planning submission to construction management;
- Good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines;
- Stakeholder and public engagement experience;
- Commercial awareness, including forecasting, project management and quality assurance
- Great communication and team working skills;
- Demonstrable client care skills in securing new work in addition to existing client retention;
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail;
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Team player with demonstrable previous experience in the management / coordination of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent motivation, influencing, people management, presentational and delegation skills;
- Full and valid driving licence.
- Construction environmental management and working with contractors;
- International experience and willingness to work on international projects – familiarity with international/development bank performance standards;
- Interest and / or experience in sustainable development issues;
- Knowledge and experience of GIS and BIM;
- CSCS card holder;
- Travel Flexibility.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Matched Pension up to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.