Splash is seeking a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for providing administrative support for Splash’s program operations with an emphasis on Ethiopia, India, and Nepal. This includes liaising with global Programs, Finance, Development, and Operations teams to: 1) coordinate project and grant management efforts (including budget tracking), 2) support Program team communications (Seattle & globally), 3) contribute to and provide support for grant proposals and reports, and 4) assist with programmatic data entry, training, and regular data quality assurance checks.
The Program Coordinator must have a working knowledge of project and data management tools and methods, preferably in the international development sector. S/he will be a trusted source of information and knowledge regarding the status of program work across all aspects of our WASH programs. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Program Quality and requires close collaboration across all departments and country offices.
- Create and maintain project workplans and other project management tools in close collaboration with colleagues in Seattle and international offices
- Building team capacity in grant management and tracking, and help to refine and right-size project management tools to meet the evolving needs of our grant portfolio
- Collaborate with Finance, Operations and Programs staff to track project budgets and activities against project workplans
- Coordinate development and refinement of key data fields in Salesforce, update training tools, and conduct training for Seattle and field staff as needed
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data entered into these Salesforce sections by field staff
- Provide logistical and administrative support to field and program staff, including organizing and taking notes for programmatic calls and meetings as needed
- Serve as Program team liaison with Development team for donor reporting and compliance, ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to donor reports and liaise with field staff to ensure Splash and donor requirements are met (site photos, site descriptions, donor plaques, etc.)
- Support programmatic knowledge management, documentation, and record keeping efforts
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Annual salary for this position will be established at time of hire, then reviewed at least annually. Splash provides generous health coverage benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as a 401k plan.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Qualified candidates must have an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree; fields of study such as international development, public health, or public policy preferred. This position also requires at least 2 years experience in project or program administration or project management; non-profit experience preferred. Candidates must have working knowledge of database software programs (Salesforce experience preferred). Additional skill requirements include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. The Program Coordinator will demonstrate flexibility and desire to co-create and refine role and specific tasks within a nimble and agile team environment. Cultural sensitivity is a must, and international or cross-cultural experience is preferred.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You prefer being part of a team - you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others (and are always willing to take a break for a ping pong battle!)
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to improve quality and accomplish objectives
- You have a strong ability to plan, sequence, and prioritize work
- You are an excellent communicator (even across geographically dispersed teams), with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a strong interest in global health and international development
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash's work and the children we serve