Director & Lead of Environmental Due Diligence
The Exciting Opportunity
Arcadis are now looking for a natural leader to lead and grow the EDD / ESG practice as part of our Strategic Environmental Consultancy (SEC) practice in the UK. The current core EDD team is circa 5 people strong with a wide group of associates within the business who the core team call on for additional capacity and specific expertise.
Overview of Role
The main purpose of this role is to grow and diversify the pipeline and backlog in EDD and grow case studies in ESG. The team have a strong pipeline in property due diligence for clients in the financial institution sector. The opportunity is to grow pipeline, backlog and capability in EDD for complex assets, collaborating with the Technical Due Diligence team who work in Industry and Infrastructure sectors. The successful candidate will have strong technical capability combined with a natural flair for developing trust in client relationships.
The key responsibilities will be growing pipeline and work winning, development of capability and service delivery You will work in a team where others will have primary accountability for project performance and line management.
Who We are Looking For
Within SEC we pride ourselves on our ability to provide Clients with Strategic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Business Advice, which helps our Clients not only to manage risk, but to drive excellence in their EHS performance.
As such we seek individuals who combine: strong quantitative and analytical skills; deep technical knowledge; a sharp commercial focus; and, who are passionate about their work to advise our Clients on strategic business decisions. Our mission is to improve quality of life around the world, by creating places of distinction and providing sustainable solutions that enhance the built and natural environment. Our core values are:
- Integrity – We perform business in an honest, responsible way, working to the highest professional standards.
- Client Focus – We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our Clients and achieving high performance.
- Collaboration – We believe in diversity, the power of teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Sustainability – We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way, central to health, safety and wellbeing of our people and all stakeholders, central to all we do.
As a member of the SEC Team you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and Arcadis operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
Growing Pipeline and Work Winning:
- Work collaboratively and through own contacts to develop a pipeline of work in EDD / ESG and translate pipeline to win.
- Sales of Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) services including opportunity identification, solution design, proposal development and costing, compliance with business governance, issue of proposals and client follow up, transition of sales into delivery phase.
- Networking and client liaison including ownership of internal and external client relationship development, specifically in the areas of industry and infrastructure.
- Works collaboratively and develops relationships with key contacts within the business to bring EDD / ESG services to existing clients.
- External focus on identified clients/sectors with a focus on development/transaction services.
- Seek out and understand capability within the business and develop and implement plans for capability development to support the growth in EDD / ESG in infrastructure and industrial sectors
- Support recruitment to deliver growth plans.
Service Delivery of EDD / ESG projects
- Exceeding client expectations in Service Delivery
- Providing leadership and direction to the delivery team working with Project and Task Managers to ensure timely delivery, consistency and quality of the outputs.
- Ensuring projects are profitable and meet or exceed financial targets at bid stage and, where involved in delivery, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertaking report authorisation reviews in compliance with the business quality systems
What You have to Offer
- Science, Engineering or other relevant degree
- Demonstrable experience within environmental consultancy with expertise in EDD / ESG in industrial / infrastructure sectors, working on complex assets. Focus may be permitting/ compliance/ industrial processes
- Proven track record in developing Client relationships and work winning
- A network of client and associate contacts which can be drawn on to develop and deliver client solutions
- Ability to define a compelling vision for the growth in this service area
- Teamwork, collaboration, good written skills, presentation and communication skills in English as the main business language.
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of commercial risk management tools
- Valid driving licence for UK
- Passport for travel outside the UK
- Role is based in UK at main office locations. Some international travel may be required
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Matched pension, up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.