Lebanon nationals: WASH CSP Coordinator
Role and responsibilities
The Wash CSP Project Coordinator is responsible for coordination and implementation of WASH-related Community Support Projects (CSP) within the Bekaa area.
- Develop procedures for the project implementation in accordance with NRC principles.
- Ensure that the implementation of all project activities are in accordance with strategy, proposals, budget lines, work plans, NRC policies, donor requirements and local regulations.
- Ensure that communities and community leaders are involved in and informed about the activities.
- Break down annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans.
- Develop the capacity and responsibilities of WASH staff.
- Follow up on project procurement plans and ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to NRC’s procedures.
- Design tailored solutions for the different areas and types of intervention, taking into account the national WASH strategy standards, SPHERE standards and specific needs.
- Ensure a constructive cooperation with NRC’s other Core Competencies: CMC, Shelter, ICLA and Education.
- Prepare/contribute to progress reports according to agreed deadlines and other documents as required.
- Ensure constructive coordination & cooperation with the local authorities and other international NGOs (WASH and Health) as well as UN agencies.
- Lead the identification of areas of intervention for Community Support Projects (CSP) related to water, sanitation, hygiene and solid waste management, based on NRC guidelines.
- Close cooperation with local and national authorities for project identification, obtaining necessary approvals for CSP implementation, and follow up required.
- Development of external relationships with municipalities, beneficiaries, contractors, ministries, regional water establishments and other relevant stakeholders are expected.
- Draft all necessary project documents, including but not limited to project proposals, MoUs, work plans, procurement plans, spending plans, M&E plans, risk matrices, O&M plans, progress reports, etc., to ensure the projects meet NRC’s standards and expected quality.
- Lead the development of technical designs, drawings, Bill of Quantities and other technical documentation necessary for project realization.
- Ensure detailed and accurate tender documentation including Bill of Quantities, Technical Specifications, Scope of Work and quality assurance.
- Coordinate with Logistics department on tendering process and suppliers’ selection, and review contractors and suppliers’ tender specifications.
- Supervise contractor work closely during the implementation phase, ensuring high quality implementation.
- Ensure synergies with the WASH activities in informal settlements to ensure a comprehensive WASH response within NRC, and provide support to other core competencies (shelter, ICLA, education, CMC) where necessary.
- Attend the local WASH Working Group meetings.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technologies, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- Coordinate with Security department on the access of new areas of intervention.
Other departments/units within NRC:
- WASH: ensure synergies with the Bekaa WASH ITS response
- Small Shelter Unit (SSU) project: ensure that CSPs benefit SSU beneficiaries, if possible
- Informal Settlements: ensure that CSPs benefit ITS beneficiaries, if possible
- Community Management and Coordination: ensure that referrals from CMC linked to municipal infrastructures are taken into consideration
- Education: ensure that CSPs benefit public schools or learning centers when possible
- Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance: coordinate with the ICLA team to ensure legally binding documents such as MoUs with the municipalities
- Local & national authorities: close collaboration across the whole project phase for project identification, approvals & follow up
- Interagency coordination: international and national NGOs working in WASH or other sectors, UN bodies, Bekaa Water Establishment
- Master/Bachelor degree or equivalent in Civil, Hydraulic, Environmental or Public Health Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile context
- Certificate or proven experience in computer-aided design (e.g. AutoCAD) necessary
- Certificate or proven experience in photovoltaics / solar power is a plus
- Experience with start-up of projects
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments