Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Shelter/WASH project. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Responsible for: assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection, project planning, implementation and monitoring for shelter construction activities
- Participate in field missions, shelter activities monitoring, and technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report to shelter/WASH officer.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Distribution of beneficiaries’ cash payments according to the plan and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Beneficiaries and community workers training regarding shelter and latrine design.
- Responsible for quality maintenance of shelter and latrine in target area
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Remain updated on technical and legal considerations (national lows, standards and codes)
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistic and warehouse assistant
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Properly operate the NRC assets (HF,VHF, Computer and sat phone…etc.
- Assessment on site. Village assessment; identify needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs
- Beneficiary selection: Identify vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria.
- Delivery on site. Shelter package.
- Monitoring Ensure that:
- all program data are accurately collected and reported;
- the quality and quantity of construction material is distributed to the beneficiaries families, Is correct and according to the delivery plan.
- The shelter construction up to completion and occupancy respects the activity plan and deadlines.
- Monitor shelter/WASH construction activities within the agreed timeframe.
- The quality and quantity of construction material is distributed to individual beneficiaries, is correct and according to the construction delivery plan;
- Upon successful completion of construction stages reports to shelter/WASH officer for cash Installments disbursement process.
- University degree in civil/construction engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar/Shelter & WASH fields.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in local language Pashtu/Dari both written and verbal
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English language
- Education title: University degree in civil/construction engineering.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected