The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Purpose of the Job:
- The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Shelter/Wash project.
- Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Responsible for assessment of Hygiene situation in project area.
- Participate in field missions with shelter and WASH staff.
- Responsible for assessment of KPA1 and KAP2 and analysis for result understand.
- H&H campaign (School Visit1, Visit2 and Vist3) planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Conduct the hygiene and sanitation related training through field missions to shelter and WASH beneficiaries.
- Motivate beneficiaries about build and proper usages of latrines; hand washing and safe storage of drinking water.
- Produce reports on weekly base, monthly as well as on required base.
- Distribute the hygiene kits/shelter kits to the targeted and planned beneficiaries.
- Implementation of school hygiene program conduct hygiene relates training.
- Raise awareness on water and sanitation related diseases (diarrhea, cholera, typhoid eyes disease and skin disease) caused by poor hygiene practices
- Conduct training for beneficiaries about usage of latrines and empower peoples to prevent them selves
- Encourage targeted beneficiaries for safe disposal of excreta.
- Lead to an increased demand and willingness to build appropriate hygienic latrine at family level.
- To provide information to the target population on ways of preventing the most significant water and sanitation diseases.
- To visit the target population to discuss the importance of using and constructing latrines, disposing of faces and hand washing and any other issues as determined by the project coordinator;
- To encourage people in building and use family latrines and clean and maintain them
- Assessment on site. Village assessment; identify needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs
- Beneficiary selection. Identify vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria.
- Delivery on site. WASH/Shelter package.
Monitoring to ensure that:
- All program data are accurately collected and reported.
- The quality and quantity of hygiene and shelter material is distributed to the beneficiaries families, is correct and according to the delivery plan.
- The shelter construction up to completion and occupancy respects the activity plan and deadlines.
- Monitor shelter/WASH activities within the agreed timeframe.
- Upon successful completion of construction stages reports to shelter/WASH officer for cash Installments disbursement process.
- High school degree is must
- Relevant medical diploma is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar/Shelter & WASH fields.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Fluency in Pashtu/Dari both written and verbal
- Some knowledge of English language
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Some travelling must be expected