The Democratic Republic of Congo is one of the countries in the world most affected by malnutrition, but also faces many challenges in terms of health and safety. The country is currently facing a major economic crisis, political instability and violence in several provinces of the country. In the space of a year, the number of people in acute food crisis increased by 30% (7.7 million in June 2017) and the country now has the largest population of displaced persons (3, 8 million) from all over Africa. These massive displacements and extreme food insecurity are linked to a humanitarian crisis of unprecedented scale in the Kasai regions (Kasai, Central, Oriental).
Objective of the position:
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the emergency response to reduce the risk of spreading the cholera epidemic in Kinshasa.
- More precisely, your missions will be:
- Provide technical support to the ACF team (design of the most appropriate project methodology, technical training of teams, mapping of cholera hotspots, writing of project proposals),
- Manage the implementation of the project (team management, time management, monitoring indicators),
- Coordinate the response with external actors (national NGOs, international NGOs and particularly MSF, members of the WASH Cluster, UNICEF and WHO)
- Graduate with a degree in WASH,
- At least two years experience in a WASH project management position.
- Project management experience in response and prevention of cholera (water treatment, secure management of death cases in community, implementation of ICE on the way of contamination and cholera barrier in urban areas, mapping of cholera outbreaks in community, hygiene promotion, capacity building of health actors in the fight against cholera) is mandatory.
- Able to energize a team,
- Capable of great flexibility and responsiveness to unexpected situations.
- A country allocation is allocated for this position (12% of gross salary)
- The current security situation is generally calm throughout the country but remains volatile in some DRC provinces, mainly in North Kivu and Kasai. ACF has recruited a security referent that monitors the security situation throughout the country and gives instructions according to each context.